1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
2. Chop apples into small chunks and finely grate carrot.
3. Place into a saucepan and cover with just enough water to cover apple and carrot, bring to the boil. Add cinnamon and reduce the heat to simmer.
4. Stir and break up with a spoon until mushy for 5-10 minutes. Spoon into the base of medium-sized baking dish.
5. Place flour, butter and cinnamon in a small bowl (or food processor) then rub in the butter until it looks like crumbs.
6. Scatter on top of the stewed apple/carrot mixture. Sprinkle ground almonds and desiccated coconut.
7. Bake at 180°C for 20-25 minutes or until the crumble is golden. Once cooked, it will be piping hot so wait for crumble to cool down.
8. Serve warm with a little natural yogurt or cardamom custard.
1. For the custard, mash the banana with the egg yolk and breast/formula milk
2. Pour into a small, greased ovenproof dish
3. Stand in a bain-marie and bake at 120°C for about 20 minutes until set