Zenia at the @theflavouracademy has provide us with this super yummy recipe! Full of flavour and great finger food too!
Makes up to 10 pinwheels
• 1 sheet puff pastry
• 2 large potatoes, boiled
• ½ cup frozen peas, thawed (gently mashed if preferred)
• 1 small red onion, chopped
• 1 tsp cumin seeds, crushed
• 1 tsp fennel seeds, crushed
• 1 tsp turmeric powder
• 1 tsp garam masala
• 1 tsp garlic, crushed
• ½ tsp ginger, grated
• Handful of fresh coriander, chopped
• Salt to taste (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180C
2. In a mixing bowl add potatoes, ground spices, ginger and garlic. Mash until well combined and smooth.
3. Add peas and chopped onions to potato mixture and combine well.
4. Unroll puff pastry and spread a think, equal layer of potato filling leaving approximately 1 cm border.
5. Carefully start rolling the pastry from the shorter side, cut into slices (2 cm thick)
6. Place on a baking sheet leaving enough space between each. Brush with egg or milk if you prefer and bake for 15-20 mins until puffed and golden.